1/1 Photo of Durian Cake
1 hr 20 mins
V'nut-Beyond Redemption's Note:
This recipe came from My Favourite Recipes by Ellice Handy. There are a few flavours of Durian meat - sweet, very sweet, bitter (just not that sweet). Choose the yellow flesh and press on the flesh to check that the flesh is thick (shows that seed is smallish) or you might end up with big seeds with a thin layer of durian meat. Do not choose fresh durian meat that is exuding water. I made this once with 2.5 times the amount of durian meat. It turned out kinda heavy but it was finished in two days. One of those who tasted it said there wasn't enought durian meat. Hah!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C or 350°F.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 3Add in the egg yolks one at a time.
- 4Beat well before adding the next yolk.
- 5Add durian meat and beat well.
- 6Next, add in the beaten egg whites.
- 7Last but not least, add in the flour.
- 8Put in a 8 x 8 greased pan and bake for an 1 hour.
- 9Warning: Durian meat does smell a tad strong so it might be a good idea to warn your family members when you are about to try this cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Durian Cake
Serving Size: 1 (714 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2792.5
- Calories from Fat 1400
- Total Fat 155.6 g
- Saturated Fat 92.9 g
- Cholesterol 1027.3 mg
- Sodium 1460.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 305.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 141.6 g
- Protein 47.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: