Recipe by Recipe Junkie
A cookie recipe from a book called, "Angels in Aprons" from the Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital Auxiliary in Inglewood, CA.
Top Review by sadielady
Excellent cookies. Great flavour and not too sweet. When first baked they were crispy on the outside and chewy inside, but the crispness went away on storage. I added a pinch of salt. Made 1/4 recipe which yielded 14 fairly large thin cookies.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins or 1 1⁄2 cups dates
- 1 cup nuts or 1 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in cornflakes and oatmeal.
- Sift together flour, soda and baking powder and add to first mixture.
- Add raisins or dates and coconut or nuts.
- Place far apart as they will spread.
- Bake at 350 12-15 minutes.