Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy and simple; a great way to prepare an egg that kids get a kick out of.
- Fill a small saucepan about 3/4 of the way with water and bring to a boil.
- Drop in an egg, with shell, making sure the egg is covered.
- Cook the egg for about 4 to 5 minutes, no longer than that.
- Remove egg and run under cold water immediately; carefully peel off shell.
- Slice off the top of the egg, so that you can see the yolk, which should be liquidy and not hard boiled, and place egg in an egg cup.
- Serve with a slice of buttered toast, cut into strips for dunking.
I really like this. I dunked with melba toast. Very easy to follow instructions for a classic dish.
I made this for my brother but he didn't like it. He said it would be nice to sprinkle some powdered black pepper on the egg yolk before serving this. He recommends having this with a tall glass of Orange Juice.