Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not sure where I found this recipe but it sounds simple and good.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup diced scallion
- 4 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch, mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 cups cooked dungeness crabmeat
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a 5 quart stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the peppers and corn and saute for 2 minutes over high heat.
- Add garlic, thyme and cumin; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add scallions and saute for another minute.
- Add hot chicken stock and cornstarch mixture.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season the chowder with Tabasco to taste, then add the cooked crabmeat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the individual servings with chopped scallions.