Recipe by grandma2969
The easiest way to serve a crowd..really terrific recipe...to save calories..I use dream whip or cool whip, thawed...
- 19 1⁄4 ounces French vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart strawberry, rinsed, drained, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease two round 9" round cake pans -- with butter or margarine.Sprinkle bottom and sides with granulated sugar.
- FOR CAKE:.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water and butter in large bowl --
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350*.for 30-35 minutes or toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean --
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Invert on cooling rack.Cool completely.
- FOR FILLING & TOPPING:.
- beat whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract until stiff in large bowl -- Reserve 1/3 cup for garnish --
- Place one cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread with half the remaining whipped cream and sliced strawberries -- Repeat with remaining layer,
- Garnish with remaining whipped cream and strawberries --
- Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.