Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found on Duncan Hines website.
Make and share this Duncan Hines Carrot Cake Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) boxduncan hines decadent carrot cake
- 1 cup hot tap water (for soaking carrots and raisins)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple, packed in juice, drained well, reserve juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Cheese Cake Filling
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Carrot Cake:
- Soak carrots and raisins in 1 cup HOT tap water, allow to stand for 5 minutes Drain and squeeze out excess water from carrots and raisins.
- In mixing bowl add dry mix, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup oil. Add well drained carrots, raisins and pineapple. Add coconut and walnuts. Mix well by hand. Spread 2 cups of carrot cake on bottom of a greased 9-9 1/2" springform pan. Reserve remaining carrot cake.
- In large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheesecake batter on top of the carrot cake. Spoon on remaining carrot cake and top with remaining cheese cake batter. Do not marble with knife.
- Bake in a 350° preheated oven for 50-60 mins or until cake is set and cooked through.
- Cool to room temperature. When cake is cooled frost with Pineapple Cream Cheese frosting. Or top with Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting. Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve chilled.
- Beat Cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and pineapple juice until smooth. Beat in powder sugar until smooth. Frost top of cheesecake.