Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy and delicious.
- 1 (1 lb) package elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 14 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook macaroni al dente (barely tender) according to package directions (5-9 minutes).
- Drain well, rinse with cold water, and return to pot.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except for the breadcrumbs, then pour into casserole pan.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake, uncovered, until golden and bubbly (40 minutes).
MMMMM. This is a keeper. It was easy to make and turned out wonderful! The ultimate in comfort food. The only change I would make for personal preference is to add a little more cheese. Thanks for posting.