1/4 Photos of Dumplings With Ginger Dipping Sauce
These dumplings are perfect and the dipping sauce is exquisite. The flavors just explode in your mouth. You can increase the red pepper flakes to 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. It also works well if you substitute ground chicken for the pork, and/or madeira for the sherry. I also prefer to steam them in a 'bamboo steamer' for about 7 minutes. Be sure to lube the steamer with cooking spray, otherwise they stick. It can be time-consuming to fold all of the wontons, so it could be a good idea to keep the folded, yet-to-be-cooked wontons covered with a damp towel until you're ready to cook 'em all. Note: I like them much better fried LOL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground lean pork
- 1 scallion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton skins (about 48)
For Dipping Sauce
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2In a small bowl, mix the dipping sauce ingredients, stirring until the sugar dissolves; set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix the pork, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, sherry, gingerroot and garlic.
- 4Place the wonton skins on a work surface and cover them with a damp towel.
- 5Remove the wonton skins 1 at a time and place about 1 teaspoon filling in the center; do no overstuff or the wontons won't seal securely.
- 6Moisten the edges of the wontons with water. Bring 2 opposite corners to the center, pinching the points to seal, then bring remaining 2 corners to center, pinching the points to seal.
- 7Repeat with the remaining wonton skins and filling.
- 8Add the wontons in batches (if you add too many at once they may stick together) to the boiling water. Stir gently with a wooden spoon and bring back to a boil; boil 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the wontons to a platter.
- 9Serve with a dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dumplings With Ginger Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 600.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.5 g