Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found in the 1961 edition of the Woman's World Cook Book.
Make and share this Dumplings for Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter, then add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on a floured board and roll about 1/2" thick.
- Cut into small squares, and drop in hot liquid.
- Cover tightly and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
These dumplings turned out great...just right!!
My mom made some AWESOME stew two days ago, and last night we had nothing to "soak up the juice" , and so I made these. They were fantastic! Next time I'll add some minced garlic. Thanx for a real keeper! ~Little Italy~