Recipe by Japanese Delight
I like these dumplings for chicken soup better than a big biscuit-ey dumpling. I think they are more soup friendly.
Top Review by Chef cpag
Sounds exactly like the recipe I've been looking for- I've searched dumpling recipes before-this is quick & easy- going to try it this evening. Thank you - I'll comment tomorrow or Mon. Chef cpag
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- mix milk, egg, salt, pepper and butter together.
- add enough flour to make a stiff dough. But not too stiff to where it is dry, just a nice balance of tender yet stiff. Do not over mix.
- roll out flat on floured surface and slice into square-ish pieces. (i use a pizza cutter).
- drop into soup and cook for 10 minute.