Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Mmmmm do these taste good. Try them with my Italian Chicken Soup recipe or with a favorite soup of your own.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- parsley, chopped
- Sirt flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in butter as for pie crust.
- Break egg into measuring cup, beat slightly, and add enough milk to make 2/3 cup liquid. Add 2 T. chopped parsley.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture.
- Dip teaspoon into boiling soup, then into batter, and drop a spoonful into soup. Repeat (this prevents batter from sticking).
- When all have been added to soup, cover pot and simmer for 12 minutes.