Recipe by Seasoned Cook
These HEAVENLY morsels go well in soups, stews and recipes with chicken. I prefer to make them very small because the flavors seem to go through better and they are one good bite! My mother use to make these to put in green beans. The combination is great! They also go well in green pea dishes. UMmmm...comfort food. Easy to make and rich.
Top Review by snowglobe
I had one lonely chicken breast, 1/4 a bag of frozen mixed peas and carrots, and some soup stock packets. I made my simple soup and added these dumplings. OUTSTANDING! ...and just the right amount for my little pot of soup! Thanks!
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small saucepan bring butter and milk to simmer stage. Remove from heat and add to dry ingredients. Lightly stir just only until dough is formed.
- Carefully form dough into small balls the size of a quarter. Place each dumplings on top of soup or stew.
- Place a lid on pot and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley flakes.
- Serve and enjoy!