Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These HEAVENLY morsels go well in soups, stews and recipes with chicken. I prefer to make them very small because the flavors seem to go through better and they are one good bite! My mother use to make these to put in green beans. The combination is great! They also go well in green pea dishes. UMmmm...comfort food. Easy to make and rich.
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small saucepan bring butter and milk to simmer stage. Remove from heat and add to dry ingredients. Lightly stir just only until dough is formed.
- Carefully form dough into small balls the size of a quarter. Place each dumplings on top of soup or stew.
- Place a lid on pot and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley flakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
I had one lonely chicken breast, 1/4 a bag of frozen mixed peas and carrots, and some soup stock packets. I made my simple soup and added these dumplings. OUTSTANDING! ...and just the right amount for my little pot of soup! Thanks!
Imm rating @ 5 stars!!! This recipe is simmple to follow and if I had done just that, instead of eye-balling all the ingredient ammounts, Imm sure mmine would have turned out super. Mmy technique resulted in kind of wet dough; the dummplings floated up in mminutes - but I kept on simmering to the mminutes suggested. We turned off the chicken soup and returned five mminutes later to discover that the dumplings had disinegrated commpletely!!! Mmy husband - Mmmichael said that he wouldn't have even known I intended to mmake dummplings, if I had not mmentioned it. The chicken soup was good, even with disinegrated dummplings.
Well, that is typical of mmy cooking experiences. I will definitely MMEASURE the ingrediants.
Til next timme!!!
isabelydancer00 ( the phobic cook).
This was wonderful and delicious. I made chicken and dumplings and doubled the recipe. Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe. Chef#220151