1/3 Photos of Dumplings
Dumplings in my country are like apple pie in America. Everybody likes them and there are hundreds recipes for them. My mom makes one huge and steams it in a napkin for an hour. I tried to speed up cooking process in microwave. It takes only 10 minutes and it's hard to tell a difference. We enjoy them with grilled chicken breast and mushroom sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bread rolls into small cubes. You should have about 3 cups. Put in a large bowl and set a side.
- 2Prepare your four 8oz. cups - butter them and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 3Whisk the egg whites until stiff peak form. Set a side.
- 4In large bowl combine bread cubes, egg yolks, milk and salt.
- 5Add sifted flour and baking powder and stir well.
- 6Fold in egg whites.
- 7Fill your prepared cups with mixture leaving 1 inch for mixture - it will rise in microwave.
- 8Put in microwave and cook about 10 minutes on 700W (high).
- 9Check with wooden toothpick if they are done inside.
- 10Take it out of cups. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- 11They freeze well.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 171.4 mg
- Sodium 1002.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 16.7 g