Dumplings used to be an American stand by. They have been used from New England to the Pacific by people helping to build our country. This is a very easy to prepare.
- Mix dry ingredients and cut in Crisco, using a pastry blender, until the mixture is coarse and grainy.
- Add milk. Do not overmix.
- It should only take a few turns to get a dough.
- Drop by large spoonsfuls on top of simmering stew or a very thick soup.
- Simmer 5 minutes with the lid off the pot and then cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.