Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A dumpling recipe in response to a message board request
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons pique seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup bread flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- Blend egg, salt, pepper, paprika, and Pique seasoning.
- Sift flour, baking powder and nutmeg together.
- Gradually add the flour to the egg beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the butter.
- About 15 minutes before serving the soup, drop batter by the 1/2 tsp into the boiling soup, cover and reduce heat to minimum.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes without removing the lid.