Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
We adapted this to make it super easy for OAMC and freezing. The portions are for 2-3 servings each because it fits really well in a gallon ziploc bag. You could double it and it would probably still fit. Freezes very well. Plan to make two sets and you'll use up your packages of ingredients. Updated to add: Works well in crockpot - cook on low 6-8 hours. I'm sure it would work great from frozen as well. Also, I've used plain onion soup mix and the taste is still great.
- 1 lb round steak (approx)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package beef and onion soup mix (dry)
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix (dry)
- mashed potatoes
- Cut steaks into portion sized pieces. Combine all ingredients together in a gallon ziploc bag. (You can brown meat first if desired, but not necessary.).
- Freeze at this stage, if desired. (Note: If frozen, thaw before baking).
- Transfer to baking dish, Bake covered at 350 for 1 ½ hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
I thought this was great. I did not freeze it first. Put the meat in the crockpot and mixed up the other ingredients then poured them on top. Cooked it all day on low. Awesome!
This was very good but I forgot to only put 1/2 package of the onion soup in and it was quite salty so be careful.
So simple to put together but very good. The meat was so tender. Thanks