Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just dump it all together and pop in the oven and in about 30-45 minutes you have a great macaroni and cheese. This was a recipe from my Mother-in-law.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 lb extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- paprika, garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Mix cooked pasta and all ingredients in a sprayed casserole dish.
- Sprinkle paprika on top for color if desired.
- Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 to 45 minutes until done.
- Serve hot.
I had trouble it didn't have any taste. I followed the instructions except for the cheese I had cheddar and Colby Jack . Also the eggs settled to the bottom like a scrambled egg. Should I have done something like temper them with the water from the elbow macaroni?
Yum! Quick, easy, and tasted good. Thanks Shawn C for a nice dinner. Made for My3Chefs.