Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A neighbor gave me this recipe and I'm passing it on to you!
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 -2 dash cinnamon
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- whipped topping (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, to coat the rhubarb
- Spread rhubarb in an 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and dry jello powder.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over sugar.
- Pour a cup of water evenly over mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 350 F for 30 minutes or so until cake is done.
I like this recipe but I, too, found it to be a bit runny. It also took me abour 45 minutes to cook as well. I guess my sweet tooth liked all the sugar though. I'll "tweek" this a bit more next time.
my boyfirend. Really Loves Barbara Mooer's recipe, im all so dieing too try it myslfe befor bed. its sooo esey allso!! Ginny L.ROSS.
I rate this 2 stars because the flavor and potential were there but this cake was a disaster.First, with the sugar in the jello, the sugar in the cake mix and the added sugar it was way to sweet.The rhubarb was very runny, the cake was flat and it had to cook nearly 45 minutes, not 30. I will try it again with less sugar, toss the rhubarb with some flour to help it thicken and I think the cake didn't raise properly because there was no oil. Next time I will drizzle with butter like other dump cakes. If you are a fan of rhubarb like I am then it is worth playing with to get it right.