Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had a couple of cans of beef broth and some meatballs and this is what I came up with. It is so simple but yet so good.
Top Review by SMH
Made this last night for dinner. Everyone ate so that was a good sign! I used three bouillan cubes (reduced sodium kind) and water since I didn't have canned beef broth. I also added about 6oz of tomato sauce for color & flavor. I did not pre-cook my barley, just added it the other ingredients. Obviously that increased my cooking time but that worked for me. This receipe is pretty forgiving so adjust liquids until you get the consistency your family likes.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans water
- 1 (10 ounce) packagethawed peas and carrots
- 3 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup leftover cooked rice (may use cooked barley if desired)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste