Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I am a hopeless "dump cook" and my family loves granola, so today I threw this together. Worked out VERY well!
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 cups oats
- 1 cup sesame seeds or 1 cup nuts or 1 cup wheat germ or 1 cup dried fruit (etc.)
- Mix sugar with boiling water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix in other'wet ingredients' and spices.
- Toss in dry ingredients and spread mixture on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 275 for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours until golden and dry.
- Cool and store in air tight container.
This is really nice, I like the nuttiness of the peanut butter in it, I added pepitas & sunflower seeds & used Splenda in place of sugar. Thanks for posting!
This is a good recipe that allows room for the creative juices to flow. I used Slenda in place of the sugar and a mix of sesame seeds, wheat germ and unsweetened coconut. It cooked in the 1 and 1/2 hours. It is good and my husband gave it a thumbs up.
I've been making granola for years but this is the first "wet" granola I've tried. It was good. I added unsweetened coconut and sunflower kernels. Next time I'll use double the PB, only because I love PB. This is a great recipe. thanks Mismagic.