Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I had this at a potluck a few years ago. Now it's one of my favorite to take.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in the oil. Dump in onion, tomato sauce, hot water, noodles, chili powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cheese and corn.Mix together.
- Spoon into a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until noodles are tender.
Kind of a cross between goulash and lazy lasagna. It was good, but we weren't crazy for it.
I have made this recipe several times always with "It was good" reviews from my family. The left-overs were always just as good reheated. Then one night I was making this for dinner and realized I was out of tomato sause. I used the closest substitute I could find; Pace chucky salsa medium. My family went crazy for it. There were no left-overs. My husband actually came back for thirds, and with the original recipe he would only eat one serving. Now I hear "that was great!" when I serve this dish. I try to make it at least once a month now. In a nut shell this is an easy wonderful recipe, I challange you to try it with salsa and leave the rest of the ingrediets the same.
A fantastic, comforting recipe that is easy to make and well-received. I have made this twice now, and my husband LOVES it. This is also good reheated in the microwave as leftovers. Thanks!