Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is VERY EASY & DELICIOUS. Even an idiot can make this cake.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie cherries
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecan halves (1-2 packages)
- Take either a metal cake pan or pyrex cake dish that is 13x9x2 inches,and DO NOT GREASE THE PAN!
- Evenly spread the crushed pineapple in the pan or dish.
- Evenly spread the cherries on top of the pineapple.
- Evenly spread the unmade cake mix powder on top of the cherries.
- Spread the pecan halves over the entire top.
- Then take small dabs of the stick of butter to cover the entire top.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven, uncovered, about 30 or 40 minutes.
I have made lots of various dump cakes over the years so I went looking for a different twist. Came across this one that "even an idiot can make"......so I passed it along to one! Will let you know what happens.
I needed a quick last minute cake for a teen cast party. They loved this one.if the photo works you can see that they got started before my camera did.
Very good! More of a cobbler than a cake though. Very gooey and sweet. Thanks!