This was demonstrated at my monthly mom's group. It is quick to put together because you just "dump" everything in the pan and bake it, no mixing required.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass pan).
- In a 9x13 pan, dump in cherry pie filling if using add almond extract and stir together.
- Empty entire can of crushed pineapple on top of cherries (no need to stir).
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over top of fruit layers, do not stir.
- Dot with ¼ cup cut up butter.
- Pour ½ cup melted butter over top of cake mix.
- If using, sprinkle coconut and pecans over top of cake.
- Bake for one hour or until tester comes out clean.