Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was demonstrated at my monthly mom's group. It is quick to put together because you just "dump" everything in the pan and bake it, no mixing required.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass pan).
- In a 9x13 pan, dump in cherry pie filling if using add almond extract and stir together.
- Empty entire can of crushed pineapple on top of cherries (no need to stir).
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over top of fruit layers, do not stir.
- Dot with ¼ cup cut up butter.
- Pour ½ cup melted butter over top of cake mix.
- If using, sprinkle coconut and pecans over top of cake.
- Bake for one hour or until tester comes out clean.
This recipe will definitely be made again & again in my kitchen! So easy to put together, & very, very easy on the taste buds! AND for me, none of the 3 optional ingredients were . . . optional ~ They all went into the pan! Made this first one to share with a neighbor couple, & today I'll be making it again just for us here at home! Thanks, much, for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Sweet Traditions tag]
DELICIOUS!!! I have had this cake before but never made it myself. It was perfect and so easy to make. I always have these ingredients on hand. This recipe I will keep, it would be great to make at a moments notice for last minute company. Thanks for the great recipe. Made for PAC March 2009.
I made this again today. It's a favorite at our house. I did not have crushed pineapple, so used chunk pineapple, and think I now prefer it. I hate coconut, so did not miss it in the least! I used 2 sticks of margarine, and cut each stick into eights, laying them on top of the cake. Then added about a half cup of walnuts over the top. So good!