Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is such an easy recipe even my kids make it by themselves. The best part is you can change it up to meet your tastes at the time.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pie filling, any flavor
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box cake mix, any flavor
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- DO NOT MIX INGREDIENTS AND FOLLOW THE ORDER OF INGREDIENTS - OTHERWISE IT WON'T TURN OUT.
- In a 9x13-inch baking:.
- Add pie filling.
- Add pineapple with Juice.
- Add cake mix - dry (do not follow the directions on the box to make cake) evenly across pan.
- Add pecans evenly across pan.
- Slice butter into about 1/8-inch pieces.
- Layer butter pieces to cover dish.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.
- Check - if there are any dry cake mix spots - add little more butter to these spots only and bake an additional 10 - 15 minutes.
This is so very easy, and good for that really quick something sweet, when you don't have a whole lot of time. We enjoyed it very much. One we will make often with different cake mixes, and pie filling. Thanks!
Made this at the last minute for a meeting that I attended this evening, & it went over big! I used a chocolate fudge cake mix & cherry pie filling, & IT WAS SWEET! Got to admit that I thought it was going to be really, really runny on the bottom, but it was great! Many thanks for the post!