Recipe by Texas Chihuahua Girl
This is such an easy recipe even my kids make it by themselves. The best part is you can change it up to meet your tastes at the time.
Top Review by Jacque #2
This is so very easy, and good for that really quick something sweet, when you don't have a whole lot of time. We enjoyed it very much. One we will make often with different cake mixes, and pie filling. Thanks!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pie filling, any flavor
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box cake mix, any flavor
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- DO NOT MIX INGREDIENTS AND FOLLOW THE ORDER OF INGREDIENTS - OTHERWISE IT WON'T TURN OUT.
- In a 9x13-inch baking:.
- Add pie filling.
- Add pineapple with Juice.
- Add cake mix - dry (do not follow the directions on the box to make cake) evenly across pan.
- Add pecans evenly across pan.
- Slice butter into about 1/8-inch pieces.
- Layer butter pieces to cover dish.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.
- Check - if there are any dry cake mix spots - add little more butter to these spots only and bake an additional 10 - 15 minutes.