Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice dessert to serve with ice cream.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks or 1 can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup melted butter
- Dump the cherry pie filling in a 9x13 pan then dump the pineapple with the juice on top (DO NOT MIX TOGETHER) then dump the yellow cake mix on top evenly.
- (DON'T STIR TOGETHER).
- Then pour the melted butter on top.
- Bake for an about 50-60 minutes at 350F until done.
This cake is one of my kids' favorites. It is not only very tasty, it is simple to make. My kids are only 5 and 7, but this dessert is one they make 'themselves'. It turns our perfectly every time. If you have walnuts on hand you can chop them up and add them before baking.
This is a great and tasty dessert to make when you're in a hurry! In my oven it only needed 50 min instead of 1 hour, and I used a 13" x 9" pan.
Yummy, comforting, easy. Makes a 13x9 pan. Don't worry if it seems a liquidy when the timer goes off. The juices thicken when it cools. Heavenly when slightly warm.