Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy to make, and quite tasty, dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 15 ounces canned fruit or 15 ounces pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt the butter.
- Dump the fruit or pie filling in the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan, spreading to the sides. It should be a fairly thin layer. Pineapple or fruit cocktail are my favorites for this.
- Dump the cake mix (yes, in powder form) on top of the fruit, spreading out to completely cover.
- Drizzle the butter over the top, covering as evenly as possible. Do not mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
This was so good, I couldn't get enough of it and neither did my family. I use cherry pie filling and it went very well with the rest of the recipe.
Chose this recipe for Cameraless Chef and I am so glad I did. I used Blueberry Pie Filling; my favorite. The simplest cake I have ever prepared and with vanilla ice cream it was to die for. Thanks for chosing me Big Mike2 and thanks for sharing this tasty and easy recipe.