Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a weight watcher recipe. It counts as 3 points. This is similar to a cobbler.
- 510.29 g box white cake mix
- 340.19 g frozen raspberries
- 340.19 g frozen blueberries
- 473.18 ml diet 7-Up
- Put fruit in sprayed 9x13 baking pan and cover with dry cake mix (DO NOT STIR!).
- Pour 7Up over whole pan (again, do not stir).
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F, then uncover and bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Makes 12 servings.
- Can also be cut in half.
- I used a 9x9 in pan and a box of Jiffy cake mix, small skinny blue and white box, and one cup of diet 7-up.
Aspartame does not break down into formaldehyde; this is an urban myth that has been debunked on several sites, including Snopes.com
Just a little comment about diet drinks/yogurt sweetened with aspartame. Heating it could cause its break down into formaldehyde. Do not use it in baking! But I think diet 7up is safe, but just don't use Sprite =) Haven't tried the recipe yet, but looks very easy!!
I made this with Oregon strawberries & raspberries (both red and golden), an angel food cake mix, and a generic 0-calorie lemon-lime soda. It turned out so good. It's reminiscent of dumplings...and so easy to make.