Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from One Bite Won't Kill You - a great kid-friendly cookbook. If you prefer to use bone-in chicken pieces, just cook for 1 hour instead.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot jam
- 8 -12 ounces chili sauce
- cooked brown rice
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a 9-X 13-inch pan with foil and place the chicken in the pan.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and dump them over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.
Thank you. This is now one of my OAMC's as it freezes well. I places all ingredients into a zip lock bag. When ready to use I take it out the night before and on the day placed it into a crock pot on low for 5 hrs. served with stemed rice. Very nice to work into the house and smell this cooking. Enjoyed by all.
My DH enjoyed this recipe more than I did! I cut the recipe in half and put it in a small cooking dish. Unfortunately, it needed more time to cook. It was way to much sauce for my liking ...but I would do it again just to use up ingredients
I, too, needed to use up some leftover chili sauce and jam. This was more barbecue-y than I expected it to be, but we all liked it very much. I used bl/sl breasts, and served with brown rice for the sauce. Will definitely make again if I have the ingredients to use.