1 hr 5 mins
Oh man, my grandmother makes this and it is like my favorite cake in the world!!! She put it in our family cookbook and I can't thank her enough!!! It actually says Natali's Favorite and then the title...teehee. There are a couple of variations for the icing which I will include. I hope y'all enjoy this as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Grease 9x13 pan or 2 9-inch round or 3 8-inch round pans or an 11x16-inch.
- 3Mix together cake mix, Jello and flour.
- 4Add water oil eggs and strawberries.
- 5Beat together with mixer on medium speed 4 minutes.
- 6Pour into prepared pan of your choice.
- 7Bake in 9x13 pan 45 - 60 minutes.
- 8Bake less if using smaller pans.
- 9To know if cake is done press lightly in center if it springs back up it is done, or insert a toothpick if it is clean it is done.
- 10WATCH do not OVERCOOK.
- 11Cool cake 10 minutes in pan on wire rack then turn cake out on rack to cool completely.
- 12There are 2 ideas for icing, both are great.
- 13•Icing 1: Mix 1 stick of softened butter or margarine with 1 box powdered sugar add 1 c thawed sweet strawberries - ice cake - slice fresh strawberries and arrange on top and between layers depending on which pan was used.
- 14•Icing 2: Mix 1 small box instant pudding according to box mix with one medium tub of Cool Whip. Ice cake and arrange fresh sliced strawberries on top and between layers if any. Store in refrigerator--can be made day ahead.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dumba's Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 693.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 61.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g