Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Oh man, my grandmother makes this and it is like my favorite cake in the world!!! She put it in our family cookbook and I can't thank her enough!!! It actually says Natali's Favorite and then the title...teehee. There are a couple of variations for the icing which I will include. I hope y'all enjoy this as much as I do.
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry (frozen sweet)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease 9x13 pan or 2 9-inch round or 3 8-inch round pans or an 11x16-inch.
- Mix together cake mix, Jello and flour.
- Add water oil eggs and strawberries.
- Beat together with mixer on medium speed 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan of your choice.
- Bake in 9x13 pan 45 - 60 minutes.
- Bake less if using smaller pans.
- To know if cake is done press lightly in center if it springs back up it is done, or insert a toothpick if it is clean it is done.
- WATCH do not OVERCOOK.
- Cool cake 10 minutes in pan on wire rack then turn cake out on rack to cool completely.
- There are 2 ideas for icing, both are great.
- •Icing 1: Mix 1 stick of softened butter or margarine with 1 box powdered sugar add 1 c thawed sweet strawberries - ice cake - slice fresh strawberries and arrange on top and between layers depending on which pan was used.
- •Icing 2: Mix 1 small box instant pudding according to box mix with one medium tub of Cool Whip. Ice cake and arrange fresh sliced strawberries on top and between layers if any. Store in refrigerator--can be made day ahead.