Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 13 mins
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 5 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cardamom
- 80 g onions, chopped
- 30 g ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 5 green chilies
- 80 g yoghurt
- garam masala
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chat masala
- 20 g ginger
- 80 g tomatoes
- 100 g oil
- 25 g fresh coriander leaves
- Take oil in a vessel and add cumin, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- When they crackle add chopped onions and cook till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chili powder dissolved in 1/2 cup water and mix for about 3 minutes.
- Add the florets of cauliflower and cook for awhile.
- Add the beaten yoghurt, salt, juliennes of ginger and chopped tomatoes; mix well.
- Cover with a lid and seal the edges so that the steam does not escape.
- Reduce the oven or burner to a very low temperature or shift the vessel on top of a tawa.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Check seasoning and tenderness of cauliflower.
- Serve hot garnished with slit green chillies fresh coriander leaves and chaat masala.
This was really flavourful and delicious, and I'll definitely make it again. I added about 1 1/2 chilies (finely chopped) along with the garlic and ginger paste, which I'll do again in the future. My only problem - the yogurt mixture curdled when I added it to the pan. I'll look into what might have caused this and experiment some more in the future!
its very tasty.i tried it once out of curiosity and it was amazing.thanks for making my night