This is a dish that is a craze among many people all over the world. Its a very famous Kashmiri dish belonging to India! It gets its name as it is cooked covered on a low flame(we say, "cooked on dum":)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g potatoes, cut in rounds
- oil, to fry
- 2 teaspoons red chili paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon almond paste
- 2 tablespoons browned onion paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons saunf
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons cream
- cilantro, for garnishing
- almonds, blanched for garnishing
- 1Fry potatoes in oil, drain and keep aside.
- 2Now prepare the gravy.
- 3For this, take red chilli paste in a bowl.
- 4Add ginger-garlic paste and some water.
- 5Add almond paste and onion paste and mix with a spoon.
- 6Put 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- 7Add red chilli paste, cumin powder, cinnamon and clove powders, red chilli powder and saunf powder.
- 8Saute till all these masalas are cooked.
- 9Add onion-almond paste and some water.
- 10Add tomato puree and some water.
- 11Add salt.
- 12Prick the potatoes all over and add to the gravy.
- 13Cover and cook for about 15 minutes on low flame.
- 14Add cream, cilantro and almonds just before serving hot with hot rotis or kulcha!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dum Aloo Kashmiri
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 593.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste