Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a dish that is a craze among many people all over the world. Its a very famous Kashmiri dish belonging to India! It gets its name as it is cooked covered on a low flame(we say, "cooked on dum":)
- 200 g potatoes, cut in rounds
- oil, to fry
- 2 teaspoons red chili paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon almond paste
- 2 tablespoons browned onion paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons saunf
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons cream
- cilantro, for garnishing
- almonds, blanched for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry potatoes in oil, drain and keep aside.
- Now prepare the gravy.
- For this, take red chilli paste in a bowl.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and some water.
- Add almond paste and onion paste and mix with a spoon.
- Put 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add red chilli paste, cumin powder, cinnamon and clove powders, red chilli powder and saunf powder.
- Saute till all these masalas are cooked.
- Add onion-almond paste and some water.
- Add tomato puree and some water.
- Add salt.
- Prick the potatoes all over and add to the gravy.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes on low flame.
- Add cream, cilantro and almonds just before serving hot with hot rotis or kulcha!