This wonderfully fragrant meat free recipe is delicious on its own or as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prick the potatoes with a fork and set on one side.
- 2Heat the oil in the deep-fat fryer or pan until hot. Fry the potatoes in batches until crisp and golden. They don't need to be completely cooked at this stage. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- 3Put 2 tablespoons of the hot oil in another saucepan and add the tomato paste. Cook until the oil separates, stirring frequently to prevent it from sticking.
- 4Add the ground spices and crumbled dried mint, reserving a pinch for the garnish. Season to taste with salt.
- 5Pour in the hot water, cover tightly and cook over a low heat for about 5-7 minutes until the potatoes are tender. The steam in the pan will cook the potatoes.
- 6Serve warm, dusted with the reserved mint.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dum Aloo (Indian Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 100.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g