Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy potato recipe.
Make and share this Dum Aloo (Baby Potatoes in Gravy) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 kg small sized potato
- 1 cup oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asafetida powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3⁄4 cup yoghurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Boil the potatoes and pierce them with a toothpick or a fork. Whip the yoghurt.
- Heat oil and fry the potatoes on a medium flame until they are slightly brown, drain and keep aside.
- Heat butter, add asafoetida, mix in the yoghurt and stir thoroughly.
- Add rest of the ingredients, except the parsley and sauté for 2 minutes. Sprinkle a little water while sautéing the ingredients.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add more water if gravy is too thick.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and serve hot.