Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Little Mexican Sweets!
- 1 dozen corn tortilla
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cocoa
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- soften corn tortillas in heated oil.
- stack and cut into eighths.
- mix sugar, cinnamon and cocoa in small paper sack.
- cook small pieces of corn tortilla in heated oil until crisp but not brown.
- drain and dump into sack and shake until coated.
Haven't tried this recipe yet but can tell it will be awesome! I have made things like this many times before minus the cocoa (sugartillias) so I can't wait to try these!
I foolishly made only half a recipe, primarily because I'm not a fan of corn tortillas yet wanted to make these correctly! So now I know better ~ Another time I'll make at least a full batch, 'cause THESE ARE GREAT TASTING & make great mouth-stuffers! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]
I'll bet you can't eat just one! These are delicious, and so easy to make. I keep the dark cocoa in the pantry, and so mine came out a little darker than if you use regular cocoa. I look forward to making these with my grandson when he's a little older. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2008.