4 hrs 5 mins
My Private Note
- 1Place the can inside the pot on top of the rack.
- 2Add water to completely cover can, plus 1-2 more inches.
- 3Simmer for 4 hours, making sure the can is always completely covered with water, if not, there is an explosion!
- 4Leave the can to cool several hours and only then open it and serve.
- 5Serve the golden-brown confection over flan, as a filling for crepes, cakes or just plain.
- 6For breakfast you can spread it on croissants, rolls or toast!
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dulce the Leche (Milk Jam)
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.2
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 63.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g