Top Review by jmcgladrey
This is a great recipe. My whole family enjoyed it. I added a split vanilla bean during the simmer phase, for extra flavor. I also substituted Plantation Raw sugar for the dark brown sugar because that's what I had on hand. Had it over pound cake for Cinco de Mayo dinner, then over strawberry pancakes the next morning. Yum!
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine whipping cream and brown sugar in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Boil until mixture is reduced to 1 cup, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm over medium-low heat just until warm and pourable.).