Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I found this recipe after Christmas while starting on collecting recipes for next year. It comes from the Jolly Time Popcorn folks. I wanted to try them the night I found it, but didn't have the butterscotch pudding. So, when I do get around to making them, I'll make any changes to the recipe that I think it needs. If you try it before me, please submit a review and let me know how they turned out. I'm anxious to try them!
Top Review by SweetsLady
These were really good! I made about 8 cups of air popped popcorn, used the whole can of sweetened condensed milk, whole box of butterscotch pudding mix and 2 of the candy bars. YUM!
- 1 (3 ounce) bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (3/4 ounce) butterfinger candy bar, crumbled (fun size)
- 1⁄4 cup instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat graham cracker crumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place popped popcorn into a very large bowl, removing any unpopped kernels.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, crumbled candy bar and pudding mix; stir.
- Microwave on high 1-1/2 minutes or until boiling; stir.
- Cook on high 30 seconds, stir (mixture should be thickened).
- Pour over popped popcorn, mix until well coated.
- Form a ball with your hands that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll in graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
- Place on parchment paper or waxed paper; let stand at least 1 hour (they become less sticky as they stand).