2 hrs 30 mins
I found this on an Ice Cream Recipe Exchange site. Find the original at http://frozentreats.blogspot.com/2008/09/dulce-de-leche.html. I made the Dulce de leche posted on the site (I posted it on Recipezaar too). Cook time is freeze time. I posted the directions for both firm dulce de leche and pourable dulce de leche. If you're making your own dulce de leche, reserve the 1 2/3 cups while it's still "liquid-y" and cook the rest as desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With firm dulce de leche:.
- 2Bring milk and cream just to a boil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat.
- 3Remove from heat and whisk in dulce de leche until dissolved.
- 4Whisk in vanilla and transfer to a metal bowl.
- 5Chill and churn in ice cream maker as directed.
- 6With pourable dulce de leche (not cooked as long):
- 7Mix milk and cream in large bowl.
- 8Whisk in dulce de leche until thoroughly combined.
- 9Transfer to ice cream maker and churn as directed.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dulce De Leche Ice Cream (With Real Dulce De Leche)
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.8
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 95.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dulce de leche