Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love dulce de leche! From Raley's Something Extra.
Make and share this Dulce De Leche Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- To prepare cupcakes: preheat oven to 350°F Line 9 muffin cups with paper liners. Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs and milk, then beat on medium-high speed for two minutes. Add flour, baking soda and salt; beat for an additional minute. Stir in toffee bits. Spoon into prepared tins and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from tins while still slightly warm.
- Frosting: While cupcakes are baking, combine brown sugar, cream and butter in a heavy saucepan to prepare frosting. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling without stirring for one minute. Transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool for about 20 minutes. Beat in powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth; spread onto cooled cupcakes.
I had to adjustthe recipe to gluten free and made them today, they are soo delicious! I'll add to my menu at my restaurant & bakery?
I made a few adaptations that really made this great! First I made my own dulce de leche by boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours. I used the dulce de leche in place of the toffee pieces in the batter -- it made the batter a little more runny, but it made a very moist cake. For the frosting, I halved the amount of brown sugar and substituted the rest of the dulce de leche, and then added more confectioner's sugar to taste. You really get a GREAT dulce de leche taste this way!
this recipe was ok, the frosting ok.