1 hr 15 mins
** Poppy **'s Note:
Delicious caramel vanilla cheesecake, one of my favourites. I found this recipe in an Australian newspaper many years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Dulce De Leche
- 1SAUCE Combine ingredients in a large heavy saucepan.
- 2Place over medium heat and cook without stirring until mixture boils, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3Briefly remove from heat.
- 4Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 5When mixture becomes a caramel color and is think enough that you can see the bottom of the pan as you stir, remove it from heat.
- 6Use at room temperature or cover and refrigerate.
- 7Yield: 2 cups CHEESECAKE Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 8Place cream cheese in food processor and process until soft.
- 9With Machine running, drop in eggs, followed by heavy cream, vanilla then dulce de leche.
- 10Place mixture in 9 inch pie dish.
- 11Put dish in a large pan and add hot water until it comes halfway up the side of pie dish.
- 12Place in oven and bake about an hour or until cake tester comes out clean and top is fairly firm.
- 13Let rest one hour, then serve at once, or refrigerate, but remove from refrigerator one half- hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dulce De Leche Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.0
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 204.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 56.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dulce de leche