Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easier version of this cake. It is made with ice cream. It is SO SO GOOD. Hurts my teeth just thinking about it!!
- Slice pound cake into two layers. Soften ice cream until spreadable. (not melting, just soft).
- Place bottom layer of pound cake in a foil-lined pan the same size as the cake.
- Place two cups of Dulce de Leche ice cream over the layer and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining pound cake layer and press gently over the ice cream.
- Cover the cake with foil and freeze for 30 minutes or more.
- Remove frozen ice cream cake from foil lined pan and place on a cake platter. Ice cake with thawed whipped topping.
- Sprinkle cake with chopped pecans and shredded coconut.
- Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
- Can use Angel Food cake if you prefer. I have use both and prefer pound cake because of the density of the cake.