Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
This came from a butter wrapper. It is different from the other two Dulce de Leche Brownies as it uses cocoa power instead of unsweetened chocolate. I always have the powder on hand.
- 396.89 g sweetened condensed milk
- 14.79 ml corn syrup
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 295.73 ml sugar, granulated
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml flour
- 177.44 ml cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- FOR DULCE DE LECHE.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and corn syrup in a large (2 to 2 1/2 quart) microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power, stopping and stirring every 2 minutes initially and then more frequently as needed during the middle of the cooking time for a total of 10 to 12 minutes or until the mixture is thick and caramel colored.
- IT IS IMPORTANT TO WATCH THE MIXTURE AS IT COOKS AND STIR FREQUENTLY TO AVOID BOIL OVER. The mixture will develop a somewhat curdled appearance that will smooth out when stirred.
- Whisk in 2 tablespoons of butter and set aside.
- FOR BROWNIES:.
- Butter a 9X13 inch baking pan.
- Cream 1 cup softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; mix until well blended.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture into prepared pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the Dulce de Leche evenly over this layer.
- Cover with remaining brownie batter.
- Sprinkle nuts evenly over the top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.