Rich, gooey, caramel bars. Found in the Pillsbury November,2006 Holiday Baking booklet. *Caramelized sweetened condensed milk is known as Dulce de leche and can be found in the baking section next to the sweetened condensed milk. May also be found in the ethnic Mexican section. Brand name is Nestle's La Lechera Dulce de Leche.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press 3/4 of mixture in 13X9 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes.
- 2In 1 quart saucepan, heat dulce de leche over low heat 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Spread dulce de leche over partially baked crust. Sprinkle evenly with toffee bits, pecans and remaining crumb mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- 4Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- 5*Dulce de leche is caramelized sweetened condensed milk and can be found in the baking section next to the sweetened condensed milk. May also be found in the ethnic Mexican section. Brand name is Nestle La Lechera Dulce de Leche.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dulce De Leche Bars
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 77.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: