These bars are so very delicious! A little is a lot - if you get my drift? Found this one on the Pillsbury site, as well. We tried these because we were able to do a lot of experimenting during all the Holidays and we are now settling back to normal, with a bunch of new recipes added to our repertoire. This was prepared at the Pillsbury test kitchens and they named these very, very rich Mexican-inspired bars as a favorite. I did not include the cooling time of 2 hours & 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (18 ounce) rolls refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats or 1 3/4 old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or 1/2 cup unsalted margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons caramel topping
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds, chopped or 3 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 1Prehaet oven to 350°F.
- 2Break up 1 roll of cookie dough into large bowl.
- 3Add 3/4 cup of the oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix well.
- 4With floured fingers, press dough mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 15x10x1" baking pan to form crust.
- 5Bake 13-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6Meanwhile, break up remaining cookie dough into same bowl.
- 7Add remaining oats, brown sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- 8In large heavy saucepan, heat caramels, butter and condensed milk over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mix is smooth.
- 9Remove partially baked crust from oven.
- 10Spread caramel mixture evenly over crust.
- 11Crumble remaining dough mixture over caramel mixture.
- 12Return to oven; bake 18-22 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- 13Cool 15 minutes.
- 14Run knife around the edges of pan to loosen.
- 15Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- 16Using a small spoon, drizzle caramel topping over bars.
- 17For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dulce De Leche Bars
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g