Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe out of a booklet at the grocery store. It is simply scrumptious !!
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust (or use Homemade)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can dulce de leche, softened slightly. (Find in Hispanic section of grocery store.)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, I use ghiradelli
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Bake Pie crust according to directions, cool.
- Soften the Dulce de Leche in the microwave. I do 1 minute at power-2.
- Spread Dulce de Leche in an even layer in pie crust.
- Slice bananas in a nice thick layer atop the caramel.
- Place heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Use stand mixer or hand mixer to whip in to stiff peaks.
- Spread whipped cream on to banana layer.
- Place chocolate chips, butter and vegetable oil in a small plastic freezer bag. Close bag securely and microwave for 2 minutes on power 1 or 2, checking frequently. Use your fingers to mix the mixture in the bag until the right drizzling consistency.
- Once melted, cut a very small hole in one corner of the bag and use it to drizzle the chocolate onto the pie.
- Enjoy !
Delicious! I made this for Easter Sunday and everyone loved it! I couldn't find dulce de leche in the can so I used Dulce De Leche to make my own. Very rich so you only need a little slice - the textures go great together too and the pie was really pretty on the table. Made for PAC Spring 2009.