Recipe by MindyP679
Saw this made on Marcela Valladolid's Mexican Made Easy and drooled the whole time! This is an amazing Mexican fusion for an old American favorite! (Cooking time is chill time)
- 5 ounces goya maria bolachas or 5 ounces graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, plus 1/2 cup chopped, for garnish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dulce de leche, plus extra for decorating (recommend Nestle La Lechera Dulce de Leche)
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust:.
- Place the Maria crackers in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely ground.
- Add the peanuts and salt to the crumb mixture and process until finely ground.
- Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Transfer the crust mixture into a 9 1/2-inch diameter glass pie dish, pressing and forming the crust evenly across the bottom and up the sides.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 20 minutes to solidify the butter.
- For the cream filling:
- Using a hand-held mixer, whip the cream cheese and butter at medium speed until fluffy with minimal lumps.
- Add the powdered sugar and cinnamon, whipping at low speed until just combined and being careful not to curdle the butter.
- Add the cream and whip to soft peaks.
- To assemble the pie:
- Spread the dulce de leche on top of the chilled crust.
- Top with the sliced bananas, forming 2 layers if necessary.
- Pour the whipped cream on top and spread evenly to completely cover the banana layer.
- Refrigerate and chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Top the pie with a 1-inch border of the remaining chopped peanuts.
- Warm the remaining dulce de leche in the microwave or on the stovetop until melted.
- Drizzle the dulce de leche on top of the pie and serve.