Recipe by Eismeer
A nice combination of caramel and creamy nougat. The dough is moist, soft and the 2 differnt taste layers work together nicely. I came up with this, when I wanted to prepare some sweets to bring along to the office and my dear colleagues really did enjoy them. A lot :). Please note: the recipe editor would not allow for nougat or praline NOT pralines. The nougat I am talking about is of nutella-like taste, but is usually more solid and can be bought in bar shape here. If you cannot find nougat, try substituting the same amount of Nutella hazelnut spread or noisette chocolate.
- 300 g flour
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 80 g butter
- 120 ml oil (canola)
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 200 g dulce de leche (caramel cream)
- 100 g pralines (hazelnut or almond nougat)
- 20 ml milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 50 g hazelnuts (ground)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- vanilla extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, oil and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Add 2 whole eggs and keep on beating.
- Mix flour with baking powder and a pinch of salt and add to dough.
- Add yoghurt and incorporate.
- If using add vanilla extract.
- Transfer half of dough to a seperate bowl.
- Melt nougat in 20ml of milk (I use the microwave on 700Watt for about 45 seconds).
- Caramel/Dulce de Leche dough:.
- Add dulce de leche to one half of dough and incorporate.
- Nougat dough:.
- Add cocoa, hazelnuts and melted nougat and incorporate.
- Preheat oven at 175°C.
- Spoon dark dough into muffin tin or muffin molds.
- Add light, caramelly dough on top (or vice versa).
- Bake at 175°C for about 25 minutes. If muffins get too dark, cover with aluminium foil.