1/3 Photos of Dulce De Leche
1 hr 1 min
I have cousins in Argentina who bring this as a gift every time they visit, but one cousin now lives in NJ and she showed me how to make it myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk (NOT EVAPORATED)
- aluminum foil
- 1OVEN METHOD:.
- 2Pour 1 can condensed milk into 9 inch pie pan.
- 3Cover with aluminum foil.
- 4Put in large pan, roaster pan.
- 5Fill large pan with boiling water.
- 6Bake at 425°F for 1 hour or until thick and caramel colored.
- 7Beat until smooth.
- 8MICROWAVE METHOD: Pour 1 can condensed milk into 2 quart glass measuring cup.
- 9Cook on 50% power for 4 minutes (stir every 2 minutes until smooth) Then cook on 30% power for 20-25 minutes or until thick and caramel colored.
- 10Stir every 4 minutes for first 15 minutes, then every 2 minutes during the last 6-10 minutes.
- 11Put in refrigerator covered.
- 12Can be eaten over ice cream, with fruit, cake, cookies or with a spoon.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dulce De Leche
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 134.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 57.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g